Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Out side the box.

So, with my background in the construction industry I still get some requests for projects that allows me step out of my little box I call my shop. I have always loved being out doors, and now for the last few years being in a shop producing work, of course I jumped at the opportunity to help a friend with a deck addition and out door shower. My client has good taste and knows what she wants so I knew I had my work cut out. We decided on a design for the deck and we went back and forth about the look of the actual shower enclosure. After a few days working in the blistering Florida summer sunshine I wasn't quite as excited about my decision making skills as i was sitting in an a.c. office planning my attack on the upcoming project. But that quickly turned back into excitement as the deck started to take shape. I have to admit it felt good to strap my ol' tool pouch back on after having to pull it out of an extended hibernation. I realized I missed it like an old friend, but when reunited, we hit the ground running!
The deck was built and we decided to go with a Japanese zen like look and feel for the enclosure. We wanted the shower to be a retreat for her to come home to after her long days running her boutique clothing store. Since the completion, she admitted the only time she showers indoors is when it rains.... Mission accomplished. Cheers -john

BEFORE....
.....AFTER








No comments:

Post a Comment